If you are considered a dependent, you have to provide your parent information. You have the option to invite your parent on Frank’s FAFSA to help through this process. If you cannot access your parents’ information because they are unwilling, the next best option is becoming an emancipated minor so you are considered an independent.
Articles in this section
- Does Frank create FSA IDs for students? How do students sign their FAFSAs on Frank?
- How does adding schools work on Frank?
- How is the aid estimate at the beginning of the Frank’s application calculated?
- How does Frank’s integration with the Common App work?
- What is the difference between independent and dependent?
- What type of tax return does Frank’s FAFSA require?
- What if I am homeless or at risk of being homeless?
- What if I am unable to provide parental information?
- Can I make corrections to my FAFSA?
- Who is considered a parent?